PaperMarbles Project

My photo
I am Maynerd... apparently the artist formerly known as PaperMarbleS... The reason this whole blog started up so long ago was for the PaperMarbleS project, which I never really motivated enough to actually make it come to light... Well, It's back. The First edition of the PMSProject should be ready to roll in late 2011, and there are some sweet ideas rolling for it. The content of the actual blog may shift a bit, as I won't be showing so much of the process of the art, but more of what it is that influences the end results... Also Show recaps and other random tidbits of Awesome... Heads up Stand up.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ninja sighting!

A couple of weeks ago, while i was satisfying my hunger with a beautiful chipotle fajita burrito...  Eye spied a ninja - Stealth Blasting over the fence from the parking lot above, down to the sidewalk below... Then he pranced and prowled himself across the street and was gone... disappear!  I was pretty amazed since i don't see ninjas every day; especially of this caliber.  I go about my business and continue soaking in the idea of seeing a ninja all blasty like that... When all of the sudden i see him shredding his way back to the parking lot and dude means business too.  I thought maybe he'd take it mellow and take the stairs back up to the parking lot, but NO, he's a NINJA... In one swift move, that consisted of 3 even sweeter moves, lil shinobi was up the wall, over the fence and vanishing...  totally blown away...  I'd like to say that that's what this next painting's about, but it's nothing like that at all...  except for the blasty part.
Watercolor on wood panel
painted with watercolor, and acrylic, drawn in accents and a clear coat...
Cut out blocks, painted, glued on - some at different heights... 
I still have to mount him to the piece, but it's basically done...
this view gives you a better idea of what's actually happening here...

No comments: