PaperMarbles Project

My photo
I am Maynerd... apparently the artist formerly known as PaperMarbleS... The reason this whole blog started up so long ago was for the PaperMarbleS project, which I never really motivated enough to actually make it come to light... Well, It's back. The First edition of the PMSProject should be ready to roll in late 2011, and there are some sweet ideas rolling for it. The content of the actual blog may shift a bit, as I won't be showing so much of the process of the art, but more of what it is that influences the end results... Also Show recaps and other random tidbits of Awesome... Heads up Stand up.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Thanks Darlene...

So, today was supposed to be a big day...  I've got seven pieces started, 3 of which are waiting on a clear coat i ordered, just to make it to the next step...  I've been waiting, and waiting for this stuff to show up at my door.  I've been that customer that tracks his order every day to make sure it shows up on time...Now, today it arrives.  I tore into it like an 8 year old at christmas, trying to open their present before their brother could open his, just so they could be excited before he could be...Initially, I'm stoked, thinking that it was even better than I had planned - and then i look a little closer...the completely wrong shit!  Might as well have shot my eye out...  Instead of 1.5 quartz of a thick clear top coat, they send me 1.5 Gallons of a 'penetrating' base coat, that doesn't even dry clear...  Super bummed...now it's just more of the waiting game... 

"this package was packed by Darlene..." Awesome...thanks Darlene...

So, now I've got a bad attitude and am lacking motivation; and instead of my big idea i had for this entry, I'm left with showing you the beginnings of the newest piece...which will sometime receive this so called clear coat...


1 comment:

mammothsurfer said...

I'm going to shit in Darlene's pillowcase just for you!